Are you looking for a budget student moving service? Kevin’s Vans offers an efficient, reliable and cost effective student moving service to help you move from your family home into halls or your new flat. Whether you are heading to university for the first time or heading back after the summer, small removals company Kevin’s Vans can help you. To help you with your move, we have put together the ultimate university checklist to ensure that you have everything you need for the year ahead.
There are a number of important documents you should consider taking with you to university to ensure that everything goes smoothly upon arrival and throughout your year at university. Important documents to remember include:
- At least one form of ID (passport and/or driver’s licence)
- University or course admission acceptance letter/email if required
- Accommodation terms, information and contract
- Passport sized photos for the likes of societies and other administration, such as student ID cards.
- Bank account details
- Debit card
- Chequebook (this can be handier than you might think!)
- Insurance documents for your belongings if it is not included in your accommodation
- Student loan/bursary documents
- Any student discount cards
- National Insurance number
- Exam certificates (if required by your university)
As well as essential documents, there are a number of electrical items which may come in handy at university, including:
- Laptop or computer (laptops can be more practical if you plan on using it to take notes in lectures)
- Ethernet cable (not all places will have accessible wi-fi believe it or not, so it is handy to have an Ethernet cable incase)
- Mobile Phone
- USB stick – for all those important notes
- Extension cable
- Printer – not essential, but can come in handy for printing notes.
- Small TV – your accommodation may not provide a TV, so you should consider bringing your own.
- Chargers for all your devices
While doing work at university may be the last thing on your mind right now, you will need stationary in order to get work done at university. You should bring:
- Pens and pencils
- Note pads
- A diary
Again, cooking may not be your biggest concern, especially with so many food delivery companies, but at some point you may wish to cook for yourself, and for that you will need:
- Wok – this multipurpose utensil is idea for frying, boiling, scrambling etc.
- Sharp knife
- Kitchen tongs
- Baking tray
- Swiss army knife – a basic one with a bottle opener and corkscrew will be very handy.
- Tupperware to store food in
Whether you have your own room or are sharing, there are a plenty of things you need to remember for your new room.
- Bed sheets – bed cover, duvet cover and pillow covers
- Duvet and pillows – if not provided, and a double cover is a good idea, as chances are you will have a double bed at some point during university.
- Mattress protector
- Sleeping bag and pillow – for when friends come to stay
- Alarm clock
- Coat hangers
- Laundry basket
- Door stop
- Ear plugs – you will need them
- Clothes – of course!
Even if you don’t have your own bathroom, there are some bathroom essentials you will need at university:
- Towels – at least one large and one small
- Any personal medication and supplies e.g. contact lens solution
- Air freshener to keep your room and bathroom smelling nice
- Wash bag – toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, make up…
- Plasters or a small first aid kit
- Toilet roll
Student Moving Service from Kevin’s Vans
Once you have all that you need for university, you may be wondering, “how on earth am I going to move all this in my car?”, fortunately Kevin’s Vans can help you. Whether you are moving to your nearest city or across the country, our student moving service can help you move away from home with ease. Get in touch today to find out more.